The 2019 tax season opened on 1 July 2019 and will close on 31 October 2019 for individuals who are non-provisional taxpayers and submitting via the SARS branches; for eFiling the deadline is extended until 4 December 2019. Provisional taxpayers submitting via eFiling have until 31 January 2020 to submit their returns.
Supporting documentation that you may need to file your tax return:
- IRP5/IT3(a) certificate(s) from employer or retirement funds
- IT3(b) certificates for investment returns
- Financial statements (if applicable e.g. business income)
- Medical aid contribution certificates and receipts
- Retirement annuity fund contribution certificates
- Certificates received for local interest
- Logbook and other documents in support of business travel expenses
- Form confirming the diagnosis of a disability (if applicable)
- IT3(c) certificates for capital gains and losses
- Stockbroker tax certificates for share portfolio investments
- Other relevant income and deduction information
If you would like to consult a tax practitioner before submitting your annual tax return, please contact Michele Slabbert on 031 7647474 for assistance.